Monday, November 14, 2011

We Found Love..

Rihanna will be releasing on 21-11-11 her 6th studio album 'talk that talk'. The first single and latest video,
'We Found Love' ft. Calvin Harris is unlike some of the expectations of the album, a big hit.

Especially the intro of the videoclip, an opening with a dramatic monologue (narrated by fashion model Agness Deyn) really touches me.


Chris Brown's Look-a-like and boxer Dudley O’Shaughnessy plays rihanna's main man in the video.
In the videoclip they are not only addicted to the drugs but also each other. The clip's director, Melina Matsoukas, said the video is a warning about the dangers of those types of dependencies. Obviously, there are a lot of comparisons to her real life. Wich is actually not the intention at all.

Although half of the song Rihanna is singing the sentence; 'we found love in a hopeless place',
the house/disco-catchy beat makes the whole song less depressing and everything in the video really comes together.


Rihanna on the november issue of the British Vogue.
The funny things is she reminds me a bit of Marilyn Monroe, on this cover.
Dress: Armani fall collection.

I think it's a video we all can relate to and lot's of people experienced.
In the meantime, some of the songs of the new album already leaked. If you're curious..You can find them on YouTube!

4 comments:

  1. Love this video! I thought it was really cool! xooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie :-) Your Rihanna's post is really interesting, that song, especially the video, is really depressing :(

    I found your blog really interesting!
    I have a fashion blog too!
    Please, have a look and become my follower!I'll return the favour obviously :)

    Anna

    www.followpix.com
    www.followpix.com
    www.followpix.com

    Follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rihanna and that song is so amazing! adore it!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post! Rihanna's one of my favorite artists and i'm absolutely in love with that music video (: I also agree with you about her resembling Marilyn Monroe on that cover ;)

    Feel free to have a look at my blog and follow if you like!

    www.fillmewithfashion.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete